The Hon. Greg Donnelly MLC is a great supporter of The Australian Coptic Movement Association and works closely with our board members and volunteers. He was present at our Coptic New Year Dinner 2014 representing Hon. John Robertson, MP, the Leader of the State Opposition and introduced the motion below. We thank Hon. Greg Donnelly MLC for his ongoing support to our mission and community. We encourage you to become members of The Australian Coptic Movement Association and make a difference. We seek to expand our presence in all states and territories across Australia. Contact us by email email@example.com or call 0418 331 213 for membership forms.
AUSTRALIAN COPTIC NEW YEAR DINNER
Motion by the Hon. GREG DONNELLY agreed to:
- (1) That this House notes that:
- (a) the inaugural Australian Coptic New Year Dinner was held on Saturday 4 October 2014 at the Novotel Hotel, Brighton Beach, Sydney;
- (b) the dinner was organised by the Australian Coptic Movement Association Ltd [ACM]; and
- (c) the ACM was founded in 2010 as a community advocacy group.
- (2) That this House further notes that:
- (a) church and community leaders along with distinguished members of the Coptic community who attended the dinner included:
- (i) His Grace Bishop Daniel, Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sydney and Affiliated Regions;
- (ii) His Eminence Mor Malatius Malki Malki, Metropolitan Archbishop for Australia and New Zealand of the Syrian Orthodox Church;
- (iii) Very Reverend Shenouda Mansour, General Secretary of the New South Wales Ecumenical Council;
- (iv) Deputy NSW Police Commissioner Nick Kaldas;
- (v) Dr Eman Sharobeem (Psy.D), CEO, Immigrant Women’s Health Service;
- (vi) Dr Farag Ghoubran, President of Saint Maurice Aged Care;
- (vii) Mr Zakaria Yassa, President of the Australian Sudanese Coptic Welfare Association;
- (viii) Dr Ramsis Gayed and Mrs Amani Gayed from Set My People Free;
- (ix) Mr Lyle Shelton, Managing Director of the Australian Christian Lobby;
- (x) Ms Karen Bos, Vice President of Christian Faith and Freedom;
- (xi) Mr Wally Wehbe, President of Australian Lebanese Christian Federation; and
- (xii) Mr Hermiz Shaheen, General Secretary of Assyrian Universal Alliance.
- (b) Federal, State and local government representatives present included:
- (i) Prime Minister of Australia, the Hon. Tony Abbott, MP;
- (ii) Senator Deborah O’Neill, representing the Leader of the Opposition, the Hon. Bill Shorten, MP;
- (iii) Senator the Hon. Concetta Fierravanti-Wells, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Social Services;
- (iv) Mr Craig Kelly, MP, Federal member for Hughes;
- (v) Mr Nickolas Varvaris, MP, Federal member for Barton;
- (vi) the Hon. Victor Dominello, MP, Minister for Citizenship and Communities;
- (vii) the Hon. Greg Donnelly, MLC, representing the Hon. John Robertson, MP, the Leader of the State Opposition;
- (viii) Reverend the Hon. Fred Nile, MLC, Leader of the Christian Democratic Party;
- (ix) the Hon. Paul Green, MLC;
- (x) the Hon. Marie Ficarra, MLC; and
- (xi) Councillor Paul Sedrak.
- (3) That this House acknowledges and congratulates Peter Tadros, Mariam Wagih Tadros, Sarah Ramsay, Medhat Attia, Heidi Attia, Monica Mikhail, John Tawadros, Anthony Hanna and Andrew Hanna on the outstanding work they did organising the dinner and expresses its hope that the advocacy and community work of the ACM may continue to go from strength to strength.
Join the Australian Coptic Movement Association today by becoming a member.
Print and complete this form:
and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org